Choosing to Talk about Depression Rather Than Turning to Pills
Everyone reacts differently to depression, and this includes adverse reactions to prescription medications. Many also self-medicate depression with prescription pills that bring with them a host of serious side-effects.
How to Find Help for Depression
When you get help for depression, it is absolutely vital that the help you receive is unique to you and your needs. We do not believe in a one-size-treats-all form of depression treatment. Instead, our depression experts offer customized depression treatment that take all health factors into consideration. You can expect the following:
- We will evaluate you, your current living and lifestyle situations, and the depression you are struggling with
- We will develop a detox and recovery plan for you if you are struggling with addiction on top of your depression
- We will offer individual therapy that will give you the opportunity to work through the root causes of your depression in a healthy and productive manner
- We will offer family and couples counseling so that you can further discuss your depression with your family members and your spouse. The more that they know about your depression the more they can help you to live a life free from the grips of the depression and addiction
Learning how to best handle your depression is an important part of your depression treatment. If you struggle with a Dual Diagnosis of depression and addiction, it is important that both the mental health and addiction factors are treated in order to ensure a long-lasting sobriety that is free from the confines of depression.
How Rehabilitation Helps Depression
When it comes to the treatment of depression and addiction, it is very important that you realize just how much control they can have over your life. Quality rehab help will ensure that your depression, addiction, and other mental health concerns are addressed using productive and healthy methods. These healthy methods could include the following:
- Letting go of any shame that you may have over the fact that you are depressed and also struggling with addiction
- Recognizing the triggers that set off both your addiction and your extreme depressive cycles
- Learning how to accept that your depression is not a sign of weakness and should not be ignored
- Learning the best methods of communicating how you are feeling
- Recognizing when you can benefit from professional depression treatment
Help for Depression and Addiction
If you are in need of professional treatment for depression and addiction, please call our toll-free, 24 hour helpline. Calls are completely confidential and are handled by our compassionate counselors who will be able to answer all of your questions. We are here to help you learn how to break away from a dependence on pills for depression; call us today.