How to Avoid Turning to Drugs or Alcohol on “Down” Days
Rough days that are filled with stress and challenges make it difficult for an individual to stay sober. Knowing your triggers, knowing how to back away from them, and knowing how to prevent relapse are all important skills for recovering drug or alcohol addicts. The following are reasons that a person may not feel well-equipped to handle stress and maintain sobriety:
- Not having gone through the most effective forms of addiction counseling
- Not having spent long enough in rehab to receive effective addiction therapy
- Not continuing to participate in therapy and aftercare resources after completing a rehab program
If you are struggling with sobriety, there are several steps you can take to get yourself back on track. You can learn to face your triggers on the days that are most challenging to your sobriety.
Workable Methods to Help You Stay Sober
A residential rehab program will help you learn how to prevent relapse no matter how emotionally and mentally trying your day may be. Rehab programs can help in the following ways:
- While in an inpatient rehab facility, you will be able to work with qualified counselors who can help you recognize your triggers
- Addiction recovery counselors will provide useful and workable methods of overcoming stress and other triggers
- Addiction treatment will give you the opportunity to talk with and learn from others in recovery
- Rehab programs will help you find continued addiction therapy after rehab so that you can continue to receive the valuable addiction recovery treatment that will keep you sober
If you have relapsed and would benefit from additional time in an addiction recovery program, an outpatient rehab program might be the best choice for you. You will receive the full benefits of an addiction recovery program while still spending evenings at home with your family or your days at work supporting yourself. Outpatient rehab can be a way to slowly reintegrate into a routine life while still getting the support you need from quality rehab professionals.
Avoid Drugs and Alcohol Today
Please call our toll-free helpline today, and find addiction therapy treatment that works effectively to help you to maintain your sobriety. Calls are toll-free and put you in touch with counselors who can confidentially help you to navigate the confusing world of addiction recovery. We can help you find the recovery methods that will work for you so that you can get clean and find a sustainable sobriety. Call us today.