What Is Subutex?
Subutex is a brand name prescribed formulation of buprenorphine with the only active ingredient being buprenorphine. It is essentially the generic form of buprenorphine which is a semi-synthetic opioid that is used in the treatment of opioid addiction. It is predominately used to treat moderate to severe acute pain that arises while detoxing from opioids during addiction treatment. It is also used as a replacement to opioids in the early stages of therapy for dependency. Subutex can help by preventing unwanted withdrawal symptoms that can occur when someone stops taking a substance like heroin or oxycodone after they became dependent. Subutex has a long list of common side effects and they can include the following:
- Slow breathing rate
- Abnormal thoughts or behavior
- Stomach pain
- Loss of appetite
- Discolored urine
- Tingling sensation
- Excessive sweating
- General feeling of weakness
- Acute back pain
- Other sleep problems
Subutex is a highly addictive substance that can lead to the development of a physical dependence, addiction and overdose. There are many signs of Subutex addiction that can help in determining if a person is addicted and they include the following:
- The person experiences withdrawal symptoms if he or she stops taking the substance
- The person actively seeks out ways to obtain and consume the substance
- The person gives an obsessive like priority to the substance over all other personal responsibilities and interests
- The person engages in criminal or risky activities as a means to obtain or consume the substance
- The person feels unable to control his or her consumption and use of the substance
- The person continues to abuse the substance despite his or her awareness of personal health problems
- The person may have sudden mood swings and become violent when approached about stopping the use of the substance
- The person will sacrifice social stature and engaging in any recreational activities in order to consume the substance
- The person will actively seek out ways to maintain a constant and large supply of the substance by potentially failing to pay important bills
- The person will commonly feel that they have to consume the substance in order to cope with personal problems
- The person will strive make the substance abuse remain a secret by seeking solitude
- The person will typically be in denial that he or she has a problem with the substance
- The person may have multiple stashes of the substance in different places
- The person may have multiple problems and altercation with members of law enforcement
- The person will commonly have significant financial problems because the majority of finances are spent on obtaining the substance
- The person will have relational problems with friends and family members
Addiction to Subutex can consume a person’s life potentially leaving them broke, homeless, alone, and near death. Seeking out immediate licensed and professional treatment is essential to avoiding the effects of addiction.
Need Help Finding Treatment for Subutex Addiction?
If you or someone you know is struggling with addiction to Subutex and needs help please call our toll-free number now. Our admissions coordinators are standing by 24 hours a day in order to help you find a treatment program that will work for you. Don’t let addiction take your life away. Call us today.